- Chicken Lasagne:
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 medium carrot – grated
- 1 medium zucchini – grated
- 2 large mushrooms, finely diced
- 500g free range chicken mince
- 1 jar (500g) pasta sauce
- 1 tub (250g) ricotta
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- Lasagne sheets
- ¾ cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C (180 C fan forced).
- In frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and fry onions. Add the chicken mince, breaking it up with a fork, until cooked. Pour in the pasta sauce. Turn down to simmer.
- Add in grated carrots, grated zucchini, mushrooms. Simmer for 20 mins. Add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta and milk, and set aside.
- Spoon a bit of the chicken mince into the bottom of a baking dish, place lasagne sheets on top. Add a bit of ricotta/milk mixture to top of lasagne sheets. Cover lasagne sheets with a layer of chicken mince.
- Place more lasagne sheets on top of chicken mince. Spoon more ricotta/milk mixture on top of sheets. Cover lasagne sheets with rest of chicken mince.
- Place another layer of lasagne sheets, then cover with remaining ricotta/milk mixture. Then add your grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 45mins or until cheese is browned and pasta is soft.
2. Thai Green/Red/Yellow Chicken Curry:
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 kgs chicken breast/thigh cut into pieces
- ¼ cup Thai green/red/yellow curry paste
- 400g coconut milk/cream
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 cup beans
- 500g pumpkin – cut into 2 cm cubes
- Heat oil in wok or fry pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add chicken and wait until it has browned/cooked.
- Stir in curry paste then add coconut milk/cream. Add the fish sauce, lime juice, cumin, coriander. Stir to combine. Add the grated carrots, grated zucchini, beans and pumpkin.
- Cook for 15 mins or until chicken is tender. Serve with steamed Basmati rice.
**Sia’s Notes: This recipe I play around with A LOT. You can make so many different meals following the about steps but simply changing the meat, and/or veg and curry paste. Take out the pumpkin and add in snow peas and corn. Change the meat to chicken or beef mince. Or make it a seafood dish. So many possibilities. I only use coconut oil, so I omit the Vegetable oil and replace with coconut.**
3. Butter Chicken
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 kgs Chicken breast/thigh
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs Garama masala
- ¼ tsp chilli power (optional)
- 1 cup tomoto puree
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup flaked almonds (optional)
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken until browned
- Reduce heat to medium and add ginger, coriander, cumin, garam masala, chilli powder and cook for 5 mins
- Add tomoto puree and salt – simmer for 15 mins
- Add yoghurt. Simmer for further 10 mins or until chicken is cooked. Put into bowls with rice, sprinkle with almonds
**Sia’s notes: I don’t add the chilli powder, as the kids think its ‘too spicy’. I simmer this for longer than the first 15 mins. I simmer for about 30 mins, but I like my chicken very tender. It also soaks up the flavours. Add the yoghurt in at the end, and simmer for 10 mins only. I also add grated zucchini and carrot to this. I often add in spinach leaves (chopped) if have some around.**